Three Factors of Essential Oil Blends That Really Make Them Work
Posted on May 10 2014
Three factors go into blending essential oils including the chemistry of the oil, the therapeutic results and the order in which the oils are blended. Oil is nature's gift to humanity. Oil consists of roots, barks and flowers; in fact, some plants have parts that manufacture these oils. When one thinks of oil, edible oil is first one in mind. Right from our cooking to salad's dressings, oil is important. But, have you thought oil is more than just dressing for food. Oils if blended into essential oil blends can be useful in many ways.
If properly blended, pure essential oils can be very good for the skin and your health. Mixing or blending oils is an art in itself and partial science. The three factors that go in blending oils together are:
- 1. Chemistry of oil (To determine volatility, viscosity and its properties
- Desired therapeutic use (To get a synergistic effect, to blend correctly is essential)
- Sequence of oil (The order in which the oil blends can also be a factor).
Some of the usefulness that you get from using relaxing essential oil blends is:
- Lavender essential oil (anti-anxiety)
- Bergamot essential oil (relaxing)
- Ylang Ylang essential oil (sedative)
- Neroli essential oil (anti-depressant)
- Jasmine essential oil (sedative)
- Lemon essential oil (tonic)
- Melissa essential oil (balancing, induces confidence)
- Petitgrain essential oil (nerve tonic)
- Mandarin essential oil (calming)
- Palmarosa essential oil (calming to the mind)
- Patchouli essential oil (helps with stress-related issues)
- Sandalwood essential oil (sedative)
- Geranium essential oil (balancing)
So what is blending oils? Blending oils together does not mean just blend any two oils together. It is important to take pure essential oil blends to get the desired effect. Blended essential oils have many usages just like a body massage does to relieve from soreness, cramps and fatigue. Today's lifestyle is very hectic and by the end of the day anyone would love to relax. Using these essential oil blends for relaxation is a very good way to relax.
Recently, these relaxing essential oil blends have become part of the services available at beauty salons for different treatments, like aromatherapy. Some of these blended oils have a different fragrance from mild to strong. Getting a moment of relaxation is heaven in disguise. To get a free mind, there are many therapies like aromatherapy available at the spas. To get that relaxed moment, your massage expert applies essential oil blends for relaxation.
Getting a massage not only rejuvenates your body, but your mind, as well. But, going to spas or beauty salon can be very expensive for many. Hence; the popularity of these pure essential oil blends has become so popular that they are just a click away.