Three Major Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water for Your Skin (And it Helps Acne)
Posted on May 09 2014
Discover the three major benefits of drinking alkaline water and it could change your health and your life. If you could just keep away from the sugar water juices and horrible sodas, you would take a step in the right direction to keep your body healthy and your skin glowing.
Alkaline Water - Change your Water Change your Life!
It is a proven fact that most people, especially Americans with our unhealthy fast food chains, don’t feel anywhere near as good as we could. In fact, the vast majority of people feel that their lack of energy and health is just part of the aging process. The funny thing is, so many people today have health problems and are baffled by them. They just need to examine what they are eating and drinking.
Today foods are loaded with preservatives, chemicals and antibiotics. For many years mainstream medicine ignored the role that diet can play in both health and disease. Only recently have we begun emphasizing the need to eat healthier foods to keep illness at bay. One of the most exciting discoveries during this process has been the body’s acid-alkaline pH levels and the major role it plays in keeping a healthy body.
A Slightly Alkaline Body Is Crucial For Good Health
Regardless of how much you work out and try to eat right, if you can’t balance the acids in your body, you’ll never feel as good as you’d like to. This is one of the major issues with those that suffer from acne. Their bodies cannot tolerate the acid overload. The problem is, on a whole, the average diet is acid-producing. And when acidic wastes accumulate, they can cause organs to malfunction and break down.
What is PH? Within chemistry, pH is the measure of the acidity or basicity of any aqueous solution. Solutions that have a pH less than 7 are referred to as acidic and solutions having a pH greater than 7 are alkaline. Pure water has a pH that is close to 7.
3 Major Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water
- Neutral PH Body = Healthy Body - A body with a neutral pH is a healthy body! If your blood’s pH level is lower than a 6.8 it becomes acidic. An acidic body is a place where sickness and disease can easily develop. Drinking plenty of Alkalized water will maintain the pH of our bodies neutral, between a healthy range of 6.8 to 7.8, ideally 7.4. This neutral pH, not acidic-not too alkaline, prevents our immune system from malfunctioning or getting weaker and helps to develop and keep it strong and healthy. It also contributes to a younger more youthful look.
- Helps Keep Body Hydrated - Drinking plenty of alkaline water helps to keep our bodies hydrated. Alkaline water molecules are smaller than regular bottled water. Our bodies can easily and quickly absorb those smaller molecules of water and keep it well hydrated. It also aids the skin in replacing tissues and as well contributes to its elasticity and the overall health of the skin.
- Detoxifies - Alkaline water is high in antioxidants. Antioxidants neutralize, combat and render free radicals harmless. Maintaining certain levels and amounts of antioxidants in our body helps to avoid chronic fatigue, promote longevity and improve our health. Acid wastes collected in the body can lead to serious health conditions. Drinking alkaline water daily can neutralize the acidity and wash acid waste products from cells and tissues.
- Eliminate Sodas, Fruit Juices (Canned or boxed), Powerdrink
- Have only 1-2 cups of coffee a day
- Add juices from fresh vegetables and real fruits.
- Add in alkaline foods like broccoli, peppers, sweet potatoes, apples,avocado, lemon, almonds or curry. The 80/20 rule works really well to alkaline the body. 80% Alkaline and 20% Acidic.
The more alkaline your body, the lower the inflammation and the body's natural defenses start to work properly as well as the organs. The skin being the largest organ can eliminate the toxins more readily with an alkaline body.